Thursday, May 7, 2009

Save the Dates

When it came to the save the dates, I wanted to do something different. I wasn't really into the magnets with our photo on them, even though they do come in very handy! I've seen the photo booth strips, but that just didn't hit the spot. In the end we decided to enlist our friend, Biker Jon, to create the design for us! Jon has a bmx clothing company that he designs for, Enemy, and most of his designs are usually way more manly...so we appreciate him trying his hand at wedding stationary! I also appreciate him putting up all my changes until we got it just right.

I sent Jon a lot of ideas and pictures of Save the Dates that I saw online and liked, just to give him a basic idea of where to start.

We went through quite a few designs (sorry for the black mark but I didn't want to broadcast our Web site).



Originally, we were going to use brown as one of our colors, but eventually (read 3 designs later), I decided against that. This design was too "golf" themed for me. But, I liked the layout of the text etc.

Moving on...I asked for polka dots, instead of the argyle.



After this design, I decided to nix the brown and I busted out the pantone colors. My lovely design department at work let me borrow their pantone fan (love that thing, btw) and I gave Jon a few options for colors.

I think he went above an beyond to satisfy my indecisiveness, sending me EIGHT color combos to happily peruse! (click on the picture to enlarge)



Here's the one we went with!




We printed them through Jakprints.com, which was the most affordable option we found. We were going to try to send them as a post card, but we ended up just putting them in envelopes afterall. I think they turned out really nice! Everyone liked them and this has bought us some more time to send out our invites. Plus, we've already heard from a few people who aren't able to make it to the wedding, so we've gotten a pretty good estimate of who is and who is not coming.

Just for fun, here are some alternate designs he did for us. I didn't think the diamond fit what I was looking for, but still pretty cool.



Thanks again to Jon!

Next up, the search for the invitations!

No comments: