Thursday, May 7, 2009

Responde Vouz...

I'll pass by the "sorry I haven't posted" BS, and get straight to the point...

We found our invitations! Huzzah. We're getting them from Etsy! I really wanted to get something affordable, but not cheap looking. Something cool, but that didn't cost a friggin' fortune! And I think we found the perfect combination! It's a bit different from our save the date design, but I think that's okay, right? RIGHT!

Before I get into the details of our designer and the invites we chose, I think I'll use this space to pay homage to some of my favorite invite designs and stationary designers that I've seen along the way. Le Sigh. If only I could have multiple invitations!!!

First off, these little delights from Bird and Banner. I love the polka dots and the scalloped edge.




These were one of my favs. From Chewing the Cud Weddings. Whimsical, classic, just really nice. And...really out of our price range, but that's what happens when you fall in love with letterpress.



Oh, but how can I play favorites when there is the "Carnival" design by Milkmaid Press?
I mean, just look at this? It's also letter press, and dreamy, is it not?

Sidenote: Milkmaid Press also has a more affordable line of invitations that they just introduced, called Pearl. While we didn't find a design that suited us perfectly, they do have some very nice sets!

Behold, the Cabaret, my favorite Pearl design:





Kristen also has a great blog, All Things Lovely, full of inspiration for weddings and everyday life.

No comments: