Friday, May 15, 2009

Huzzah...

Well, would you look at what we have here...



The lovely and talented girls in my department are throwing my shower at work and look at the fantastic invite they created! It pays to work in the same department as the marketing and design peeps. I'm really excited for my work shower. It should be fun. I'm sure my face will be bright red the whole time though as I'll be sitting in front of 100 people opening gifts. Yes, 100 people. Showers in our office are a well attended event. Even the 10 or so men who work here usually come too...I think it has something to do with the free cake.

While I am on the subject of showers, I also wanted to share the invitation that I found for my shower and my Mom ultimately approved. I absolutely loved it and have gotten tons of great feedback. I know that you normally don't pick out your own invites, but I'm not much for surprises. Plus, I'm obsessed with paper goods. They are a Hello Lucky! creation. And...they are letterpress. I had to find a way to add letterpress into the wedding somehow! I ended up having a discount code too, which is always a plus! Check em' out!



Pretty much the best. My Mom and I, and my best friend hung out one Friday night, and with the help of some Martini and Rossi we put most of them together with the registry cards and a little recipe card for guests to bring to the shower (we kind of lost interest after a while and my Mom finished them up the next day) and then they were on their way. Our shower is May 30th and I already know my Mom is going to create an amazing celebration for us.

If you are in the market for a unique shower invitation or even greeting card, then get thee to the Hello Lucky! Web site quickly. I won't even get started on their wedding invitations, because that could garner it's own post altogether!

These are absolutely adorable too:


And finally, I think this is the most awesome anniversary card.

I like the idea of giving a card that can be kept and even displayed after the fact. I'd definitely frame that wedding or anniversary card and put it up somewhere around the house. I could go on forever, but you get the point. They make and sell cool stuff. Go there and buy me a card. Thanks.

In other wedding news, we got our rings today. I'll talk about that later though. And lastly...I saw that my wedding shoes are now on sale for almost half of what they were originally. I couldn't do a price match, so I immediately purchased them (online) and will be returning the other pair (at the store) to get my monies back. Every little bit helps!!!

No comments: