Monday, May 11, 2009

61 days...

We're getting married in 61 days!

I got a lot accomplished over the weekend.

We decided on where to send the groomsmen and ushers for their suits. We went with Express. (which I just noticed is having a 30% off sale on the suit! Even better.) They sell a modern black suit for a moderate price and they constantly have coupons floating around so the men will be able to purchase at some sort of discount. We haven't decided on the ties yet--black or yellow? I found a nice yellow tie at Express, but I'm going to try to find something a bit cheaper online. We also have to order all the vans. The ties and vans will be their gifts. I simply cannot wait to see our ring bearer sporting his checkerboard kicks. Priceless.

My Mom and I both found our jewelry. We wandered into Iridesse after seeing they were having a "going out of business" sale. I guess they are just one more young company who is unable to make it through the economic situation today. Sad, because they have a lot of great pieces. Sean bought me a strand of pearls from the same store for our second Christmas together. It was sort of fitting that I would find my necklace and earrings for the wedding there too! Long story short, we both got an unbelievable deal and found exactly what we were looking for (and my Mom was sweet enough to pick up the tab for mine too)! Thanks, MOM!

The last thing I picked up was a dress from Nordstom for one of my showers that I had my eye on last week. It's a good thing I went back to get it, becuase there were only 2 left! I'd post a photo of it, but I can't find it on the Web site either, so maybe it sold out. I spent a bit more on it then I would have expected, but it can be worn casual or dressed up and I have two other weddings to go to this summer that I can wear it to also, so I used the "cost per wear" equation and made myself feel much better about laying down the debit card.

Last night, after I got home from my parent's house, I got all my vendor contracts organized and figured out how much money we still have to pay them! Believe it or not, it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. I purged a lot of wedding magazines and tear outs and I feel a bit more organized and less anxious today. I'm glad I did that.

We're still hemming and hawing over our honeymoon and hopefully I can focus on that this week.

Next week is my final flower appointment and my second dress fitting. I'm very anxious to see what it looks like after the first round of alterations! Sean is getting fitted for his suit and shirts on Saturday too. He's getting a three piece suit from Bachrach and getting shirts custom made. He's really slim and has long arms, so shirts almost NEVER fit him correctly...so he's going the distance for the big day and getting everything fitted just right. We were going to get his suit from J.Crew, but then we stopped in Bachrach and he really liked the fact that he could go in and get fitted, etc. instead of having to order it online and roll the dice with the alterations.

We picked out the items for our tasting on the 28th, which I'm really looking forward to! It's so crazy that after being engaged for SO long, all of these events are finally upon us. It feels good!

Well, I think this is the longest post I've written in a while, so I'll end while I'm ahead. It probably has something to do with the fact that I'm at work and it's one of those "I'd rather be thinking about all things party" kind of days.

Over and out.

k.

No comments: