Saturday, May 23, 2009

Oh, hello...it's me again.

Well, I'm back from tantrum world. The last few days were a bit stressful, but everything worked out with the invites (or...it should. I don't actually have them yet). I ended up getting the digital file from the designer and I'm working with a local printer. I should have them by the end of the week. In the end, I'm going to be saving a few hundred bucks so I feel okay about the process. Was it still annoying? Yes. But, it's not the end of the world. I should be seeing a proof on Tues or Weds and I hope it will be a no brainer from there.

Some positive things have happened in the last two days, to sort of makeup for last weeks shit storm.

+ I received these little beauties from Etsy Seller, RachelleD. They are awesome and they go with the bridesmaid's dress perfectly.
I have one in mind for each bridesmaid and of course I already told them that if they want to swap, have at it! She's going to make me a matching pair of simple drop earrings the coordinate with each necklace. Can't wait to see those and CANNOT recommend her enough. She was really sweet and even put together two custom necklaces for me. Not to mention, she sent me a cute pair of earrings as a "something blue" gift.

+ I found these shoes at Macys yesterday, and after searching everywhere for them online...I nearly crapped when I saw them in front of me and on sale. I proceeded to purchase six pairs for my bridesmaids...yes, i do only have 4, but I wasn't sure of some people's sizes so I just went buck wild and bought sizes 7 1/2 to 10. Thank you, Visa for allowing me to purchase numerous things and return them without spending any "real" money. I tried these on with the dress as well and I think they go quite nicely!



Yes, I am the whitest person on earth and No, you can't see my face...it was too late in the day to be having my picture taken looking a mess.

Sidenote: Thank God I've been holding one of the bridesmaid's dresses hostage so that I can try on all my purchases with it to make sure it all goes together!

So, the bridesmaid's getup is all taken care of. Check. I have a few more things to gather up for thier gifts, but I have a bit of time for that still.

+I went to try on my dress today, post alterations, and it was exactly what I had asked for. I am very relieved. Not that I didn't think the seamstress was more than capable...but it was a little hard to wait the 6 weeks to see the result. She pinned my hem and my bustle today and it's coming together very nicely. I tried on my shoes, veil and jewelry and I like the whole shebang.

+We went to get Sean fitted for his suit today at Bachrach. He's getting a modern fit, custom three piece suit and we got to pick out every aspect of it. I think it was a great deal too, for just how custom it is. He had to pay extra for the vest, but for the two piece custom suit, it was $495 (without the vest) and it could range up to $795 if you get a really high grade fabric. But, we liked the $495 fabric just the same. The salesman was really helpful and not pushy at all. I look forward to seeing the suit all put together--hopefully sometime in early June. We decided he's going to wear the black and white checkerboard slipons and his groomsmen and ushers will wear the black and charcoal slipons. Needless to say, he's pretty stoked about the footwear situation.

+ I think I figured out my flower situation. Now I just need to figure out how to articulate it correctly.

+ My Mom got her dress in and she still likes it! We're going to get that altered in two weeks.

Tasting next week and still about 50 things on my list of "to-dos." One of them needs to be remembering to go get a marriage license within the next few weeks, or people may be showing up for nothing!

That's all for now.

No comments: