Saturday, May 23, 2009

Cards, please and thank you...

My Mom has been working on our card box for the reception for sometime now. She finally finished it and I think she did a great job! I told her she should try to make some more and sell them, but I think she's just happy to have this one completed! I forget how artistic and utterly craftastic my Mom is.

Well, enough talk. Judge for yourself.

She bought this bare card box online. Then painted it with a few coats of white pearl paint.

We picked out the ribbon and tried different combinations of colors and in the end, we liked this one the best.
She made all these flowers out of paper and floral wire and buttons (I love the buttons!). She wired them together and was able to create a nice 3-d effect.

The final touch was the yellow bow. I think it finishes it off quite nicely. :) It's a little bigger then I had imagined in the beginning, but we'll have it on a low table so people can easily access the top. I think I'll probably have to put some sort of signage by it that alerts people to the fact that it is not a real cake, but indeed the card box, because it actually looks quite life-like in person.

She's moved on to creating the decorations for our shower next weekend and I can't wait to see what she comes up with! I know it will most likely be adorbz as I've already had a sneak peak of her homemade poms Ala Martha and Co.

No comments: