Sunday, June 8, 2008

What does it all mean????

Well, it was inevitable. It had to happen eventually, I just didn't think it would be this soon...

I had my first wedding nightmare. It was a doozy too, let me tell ya!

It started with me and my Dad standing outside the doors of wherever I decided to have the ceremony (which is a major decision that is still pending at the moment!) When the coordinator opens the doors, there are these panels of fabric that we have to wade through in order to get into the room. So we wade in, it's dark, like someone has the shades pulled on the windows and instead of meeting Sean at the front of the room, he is sitting on a chair in the crowd and I sit down two people away from him. Then, the guy who is marrying us grabs both our hands and drags us over to this big grand piano in the back of the room and does the ceremony there! Afterwards we are all just standing in the hallway and I'm upset about the ceremony and my Mom goes, "Well, you can ALWAYS do it again, tomorrow!" WTF??? So then immediately after that, it is time for dinner and they are serving salads and I realize that we never even had a tasting!!! I have no clue what is being served and when I ask the banquet manager why we never got a tasting, she can't give me an answer. When I then demand a refund of my money, she tells me no. I can't find my Mom or my Dad and I end up in the reception hall leaning on a table and sobbing. And just thinking the whole time that I am so dissapointed that this is how my wedding ended up. THEN...I finally find my Mom and we both figure out that we are not really at my wedding, because it's only June 14th, 2008 and my wedding is still a whole other year away!!!! How silly of us!

Then I woke up.

Complete...ridiculousness? Yes. But I can understand a few of the things. I am worried about finding the ceremony site and further more finding someone to actually marry us. This has been a bit more difficult than I had imagined. Secondly, I've always been a bit weary about the food and the pricing at our venue. Even though I know they aren't going to screw me, it's a lot of money that we are dealing with and maybe underneath it all I feel a bit guilty about how much it is going to cost in the very end?

Either way, I hope I don't have another one of those for a while. It was pretty unsettling.

No comments: