Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Dum, Dum, Dah, Dum....

No, I haven't found a ceremony site or an officiant yet. Thanks for asking though.

and why YES! I WILL BE SHOPPING FOR A WEDDING DRESS ON FRIDAY!

That's right. I'm totally putting boring things like finding a place to actually get married on the back burner for now and moving on to some of the fun things in the planning process. I'm ditching work on Friday and my Mom and I are going to do some damage in the city.

Sidenote: My Mom is my new assistant. I hate making phone calls. She doesn't mind. Nice.

So, she scheduled appointments for us at the Macy's Bridal Salon, Weddings 826, and White Chicago.

I'm sure I'll see things that are waaaaaaaay out of my price range, but I'm going to try them on regardless. Because I'll never be able to do it again.

I've already seen some dresses online that I know are not within reach, but I love them anyway.

Amy Kuschel:



(Ilsa)


(Astaire Kaleidescope)

We're going to Macy's first--I can almost guarantee that I won't end up getting something from there (because of prices) but they have a great selection of designers and I guess they are having a 10 percent off sale this week...so we'll see. So I can get all the sticker shock out of my system right then and there. Then we will eat lunch and head over to Weddings 826 and then end the day at White Chicago. I'm excited to go to the last two places because they sell samples and White Chicago also sells consignment dresses.

I hope I will be able to take pictures, although I don't know how keen I would be about posting them on here...maybe the rejects.

I'm really excited. I hope I find dresses that I like, but I'm also afraid of finding the dress that I want to buy because I want to be able to shop some more. Silly, I know...but this is one of the things I'm really looking forward to doing.

I hope the next two days fly by.

No comments: