Sunday, August 17, 2008

Well...it would have been nice.

I got the dresses from Jcrew in the mail and as soon as I ripped open the box, my heart broke a little bit. The color is not at all what I was expecting--a cheery yellow as portrayed in the photos on the Web site. Instead it's more of a mustardy/muddy yellow which in some lights almost looks limey. I showed two of my girls last night and my Mom the other day and they all agreed it wasn't what we were expecting. I also tried one on just to see what the shape was and it just wasn't as cute as I thought it would be. Plus, now that I have found my dress (more on that later), I think I will need something with a bit richer fabric texture.Wah Wah....back to the ol' drawing board. I'm sure I will find something that is exactly what I want, it's a good thing I started early in the game!

I guess I've learned my lessons--always request a fabric swatch and if it seems to good to be true, it probably is.

I'll take some photos and post them later.

2 comments:

PixieGrin said...

hi kathryn...thanks for visiting my site! i have been looking for yellow myself, and it's a tough one, isn't it?
info about my bm dresses:
http://www.jasminebridal.com/html/en/web1_belsoie_1_a.asp?id=2031

mine is in maize yellow (i photoshopped the one in the pic to be tea-length, which you can special order). if you click on "find a store near you" toward the bottom right, you can call the locations to be sure they have this style of dress. go look at them and try them on...they even have swatches of colors for you to look at and will order & ship the swatches to you within a couple of weeks.

good luck & best wishes!

kathryn said...

Thank you again for the information. I will definitely be looking at that dress in person!